Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Special Graduate

Before I was a photographer, I was a teacher. I taught Kindergarten and First Grade for a few years, then I had my children and decided to stay home from there. Which, somehow divinely, led me to this incredible career! But when I was teaching, I loved it and there were many children who went through my classroom who I will never forget. This grad, amazingly enough, was once in my Kindergarten class and was one of those children. I remember Colter's quiet kindness, his big blue eyes, his beautiful smile, and the special bond he had with his big sister, Chandra. I'm grateful to have been there to photograph him informally as his teacher, and now again as he graduates. And it's wonderful to see that all of the traits I remember him for, haven't changed!



Brothers and sisters should always get along this well..



And this shot I loved in color and also in B&W, so here are versions in both - what do you think??


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the colour because he has such amazing blue eyes. While the B&W is a great picture, you miss the blue eyes. :)